Want to make sure that once school stops for summer, the learning doesn’t? There are all sorts of ways to make sure that the only summer slide your children experiences is at the playground. Summer is the perfect time for children to discover that learning is fun and can happen anywhere….
- Summer travel is a great way for kids to learn. Whether you go down state to Grandma and Grandpa’s or are lucky enough to hop on a train or airplane, wherever you go breeds adventure and opportunity.
- Books and apps can also help make sure kids don’t forget what they learned from the school year.
- Creative challenges like “Backyard gardens, puppet theaters, scrapbooks and crafts are some of the ways to keep your children active and their minds working all summer long.” says greatschools.org.
- Start your child on simple summer chores or have them share in everyday activities like grocery shopping where kids can learn measurements, money and more.
- Downtime is equally important to scheduled activities and not only lets kids decompress but allows imaginations to run wild and creativity to soar.