Only 8th Grade +
Our EDMO Leader-in-Training (LIT) program is for those looking to build youth leadership and facilitation skills. Our program focuses on team bonding and a deepened sense of responsibility in both the day-to-day interactions and overall vibe and camp experience. Leaders-in-Training cultivate strengths, gain community service hours, a letter of recommendation, and lay the foundation for leadership positions in the future.
21st Century & SEL Skill Focus: Leadership, Initiative, Responsibility. Learn more about other skills we build through The EDMO Method.
Apply to be a leader-in-training now!
EDMO offers two tracks to compliment LIT’s skill sets and passions:
- Supports Lead Counselors with facilitation, games and team vibe
- Assists Instructor in the classroom with projects and classroom management
- Aids Camp Director with various camp operations, admin and camper relations
- Acts as an Assistant Instructor and supports the Minecraft classroom and Instructor
- Supports campers as they build and solve problems
- Assists Instructors in classroom management and organization
Please Note: Children must apply and go through an interview and training process to be a part of this program. (Returning LITs do not need to attend an interview.)
The application process is as follows:
- Complete the online application form!
- On the application:
- Make a commitment of at least two weeks to the program
- Select a date for Interview ( New LIT’s only)
- Select a date for Orientation
- Attend a group interview date at at one of the designated locations (new LITs only)
- If accepted, the LIT (or parental guardian) will receive a link to log into our system and officially register for the weeks the LIT will be participating in the program. A weekly program fee of $90 a week (SF Bay Area) or $50 week (Greater Sacramento) will be charged.
- Participate in an Orientation
- Report to camp based on the following schedule:Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday: 8:10AM – 3:30PMTuesday: 8:10AM – 4:30PM (LITs participate in a post camp meeting this day)
Earn the President’s Volunteer Service Award Through EDMO
This year EDMO is proud to be a certifying organization of the PCVSA ( President’s Volunteer Service Award), this mean LIT service hours are eligible for the PVSA. Just another awesome EDMO perk! Levels and hours required are based on age. Please check out the PCVSA website to see how you qualify.