Equity Takes Everyone
How can we create lasting systemic change? Partnerships. It’s the only way. Our 100% sustainable education model relies on allies who share our values and want to help bring more equity into the world. We welcome your time, talents, experience, financial and emotional support. We’ve got a lot of work to do.
It all starts and ends with you. As a parent, when you choose EDMO®, you actually choose equity. We don’t tell you a price. Our Honor System Pricing models entrusts you with that decision. We don’t help people, you help people. You have the power. All we do is create a space for you to lead with your values. If you believe your child and all children deserve a high-quality education, then we stand with you. Thank you for being our partner in equity.
- Give us suggestions and feedback
- Invite friends to join us
- Post about us in parent networks
- Connect us with school or community leaders
- Invite us to support your events
- Connect us with your company’s philanthropy department
- Engage with us on social media
- Make a donation
Whether you’re a huge metropolitan district or a small rural community, our online, interactive STEAM & SEL-focused programs can be adapted to your budget and community needs. Simply send out a link to our website to give families instant access to an equitable, online learning program. If you want to offer a completely free program using ASES, 21st Century or foundation funding, please email email@example.com or use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
Current District Partners:
Oakland Unified School District (California)
Alameda Unified School District (California)
Berkeley Unified School District (California)
Livermore Unified School District (California)
More coming soon…
EDMO® Online Learning Programs:
- Half-Day Camps (2 hours 30 minutes): Alternative or supplement to district summer school
- Daily Drop-In (1 hour 15min): Enrichment supplement to district summer school, after school, or in place of a school field trip or assembly.
- Coach (1 hour): Intensive academic support for most at-risk students during summer or after school
- Customized (Flexible): Ongoing after school academic support and/or enrichment supplement
ASES & 21st Century-funded programs include:
- Staff recruiting, hiring and training
- Student registration
- Real-time attendance tracking
- Bilingual staff
- Credentialed STEAM and SEL Coaches for large camp sites
- Daily and weekly communication with parents
Foundation support is key to make our equity model sustainable. Our Honor System Pricing model is based on trust and human dignity. Foundation support helps cover the cost of families who need to use Honor Codes for instant financial aid. Foundations can also partner with school districts to fund our programs or fund us directly to build our capacity to serve.
We need foundation support to:
- Build transformational relationships with State Departments of Education as well as school districts nationwide
- Increase capacity to remotely recruit and train staff across multiple time zones
- Deepen our equity, diversity and inclusion staff training
- Build out STEAM & SEL online systems of support for parents to lead activities at home
- Increase curriculum research and development
- Design new assessment tools for online learning
- General operating support
- Fund in-person, after school and summer programs as soon as it’s safe to do so again
Thanks to the support of corporations that share our values, we’ve been able to lower the cost of doing business and spread the word about the impact we’re trying to make in the world. If you are interested in exploring a partnership to support our equity in education cause, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We need corporate expertise and support to:
- Build out our new volunteer platform
- Recruit corporate volunteers for EDMO Coach
- Provide support for enrollment and customer management systems
- Create a website and app that integrates video, program registration, and relationship tools for both kids and parents
- Improve branding, marketing and PR efforts
- Increase software and hardware donations
- Encourage parent employees to enroll in EDMO®
- Start a matching donation program
- Implement remote training and recruiting tools
- Provide ongoing strategic planning
- Recruit Advisory and Executive Board Members
- Fund access to our learning programs and general operating support
We’re so much stronger together. First of all, we’re happy to share everything we’ve learned about online learning, summer camps, after school, STEAM, SEL, and equity design with any mission-aligned organization. Likewise, we’re a work in progress. We need help learning from you. Let’s find way we can support each other’s kids and staff in this time.
Here are some ways we can help you:
- Hands-on STEAM curriculum
- Social Emotional Learning frameworks & practices
- Staff training and capacity building
- How to create live, virtual summer camps
- Subcontract to provide direct services
Here’s some areas we’d love to learn more about:
- Trauma-informed training
- Equity-focused leadership consulting
- Staff training on implicit bias and anti-racism
- Equity-focused curriculum design for Pre-K-8th grade
- Restorative practices
- Connections with other equity-minded leaders
- How to build bridges between communities to end systemic racism and segregation.
We need your help. First off, we’ve had enough bad news. Secondly, we’re terrible self-promoters. Please help us tell our story of resilience, passion, ingenuity, sacrifice and courage. Help us tell our story of a new business model based on human dignity, trust and collaboration. Help us show companies what can be done when you compltely align your values, actions and words. Help us to inspire others to lean into their values in this time. As Covid-19 crushes another industry, one small non-profit camp made it their mission to bring the magic of summer to any kid, in any state, on any continent. Can we please get that story out there?
Ways we need media’s support:
- Introductions to John Krasinski, Aeysha & Steph Curry, Ellen Degeneres, Oprah Winfrey, Michelle Obama or even Melania. We’re totally against cyber bullying.
- What? That’s too much to ask? OK, fine.
- Connections to any other kindness influencers, family influencers, mommy influencers, education influencers, equity influencers and lots of good human beings in general will absolutely do.
- We’d also love a spot on a national television show like CNN, MSNBC, the TODAY Show, NPR, or 60 Minutes. We’ve got a human story, a grand social experiment story, a business story, a kindness story, a happy camp story. Anderson Cooper? Lester Holt? Katie Couric? Hello? Is anyone out there?
- Still too much? *Sigh*
- Okay, we’ll take a feature article or news story in a magazine or newspaper, national, local, heck even a kid-run newspaper would be awesome. Help goodness become more than a side note. Big, happy, world-changing stuff is happening here, people! It’s worth a cover.