Pre-Covid Sliding Scale System
Everything in black print below the line was written pre-Covid crisis, as was the “EDMO for Everyone” banner above. We had all the right words, all the right intentions, but all the wrong design. Now we’re using an equity-focused design to create a future where all humans prosper.
We are leaving this page up as a learning experience that we can share with others and a reminder of the way we never want to do business again.
Visit our Equity Design page to learn about the new way.
We stand by our belief that ALL children and schools should have access to quality Summer Camp and School Year enrichment programs. We help make this happen by allocating 5% of camp proceeds and 100% of donations to fund School Year Programs, as well as our Sliding Scale (Financial Aid) Program that provides assistance to those who may not be able to afford our camps. In 2019 we provided 444 subsidized weeks to families across all Bay Area and Sacramento Area locations through our program.
SLIDING SCALE (FINANCIAL AID) PROGRAM INFORMATION
You might just need a little help or a lot of help. Either way, you can afford a high-quality camp this summer. At least 10% of our camp spots are reserved for families who need some sort of financial assistance. No one at camp knows who is on our Sliding Scale Program, not even our staff. The best thing you can do is apply soon and tell us your story. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, and we won’t make you wait until May to find out if you’re in. Acceptance letters start going out March 15, 2020. Learn more and apply below.
To qualify, families must:
- Not have already registered for Camp EDMO® for Summer 2020.
- Have a combined annual gross household income of $150K or less in the SF Bay Area or $100K or less in the Sacramento Area (income verification may be requested).
- Be able to pay between $100-$450/week, pending application approval.*
- Be flexible with camp location and dates.
- Read the “Rules & Policies” tab carefully before applying.
- Complete the program application.
*Weekly rates will be determined on a case-by-case basis from information you provide to us in your Sliding Scale (Financial Aid) Application.
There are two ways to apply:
- Apply online using the button below.
- Download an EDMO Paper Application and mail it to our home office, Edventure More, 2300 Merced Street, San Leandro, CA, 94577.
Please note that we will be responding to applications beginning in March 2020. Applications submitted after March 15th will be responded to within 10-14 business days.
- Submission of an application does not constitute acceptance into the program. If approved, applicants will receive an email with their dates, location(s), rate(s), enrollment instructions and a code to use when enrolling.
Please Note: It is important that your application stipulate any preferences for locations/dates as we are unable to make changes to what is provided in your acceptance email.
- There is a maximum of 4 weeks per camper at Sliding Scale rates.
- Some Extended Day options will be offered at a reduced rate; specific reductions depend on the individual’s application and will be detailed in your approval email.
- Lunch is not included in Sliding Scale reduced weekly rates.
- All Sliding Scale Program camp weeks are available on a first come/first serve basis.
- Sliding Scale rates may not be combined with any other discounts, including but not limited to: First Time Family, Loyalty, Multi-week, or Referral Discounts.
- Approved applicants will receive an email with a code to redeem their weeks. Weeks must be redeemed within one week of receiving their approval email. After one week the dates will be released to other applicants, and rates may expire. Please call our office at 415.282.6673 or 877.993.6673 between the hours of 9 am-5 pm with questions.
- Payments can be made by Visa or MasterCard and must be made at the time of redemption. Up until April 1st, a 3-month payment plan is available and up until May 1st, a 2-month payment plan is available (balance automatically charged every 30 days after purchase). After May 1st, full payment must be made at time of enrollment.
- Should your circumstances change and your child is unable to come to camp, a 100% refund is available until April 30th ($25 processing fee per cancelled week still applies). After April 30th, we will save what was paid as a credit in your account for next year.
We will be responding to applications beginning in March 2020. Applications submitted after March 15th will be responded to within 10-14 business days.
If you have been approved for Sliding Scale financial aid, you will receive a confirmation email containing the following information:
- Your reduced Sliding Scale Weekly rate
- Camp Location(s) where you may reserve at your reduced rate. (Please note that we are unable to make changes to the weeks offered)
- Weeks you may select from at your reduced rate
- Instructions on how to register
- A special code to use to redeem weeks