Maker Movement & Spaces
Choose from the following exciting Maker Sessions:
- Design Thinking & the Maker Movement. Uncover the latest research and methods for creating and leading design challenges in the classroom.
- In this workshop, participants will learn the history of the maker movement and the emergence of design thinking in today’s society. Participants will work hands-on to complete a design challenge in groups while gaining an understanding of the process. Participants will then break out into groups to strategically plan out a design challenge to use in their classroom or out of school time program.
- Designing and Utilizing a Maker Space. Walk through the process of designing a maker space and developing lessons to make full use of the space.
- In this workshop, participants will learn about the essential elements of a maker space and how to design a space for their student population. We will focus on designing maker spaces on a budget and with functionality in mind. Participants will get to plan out their ideal maker space and will go through the process of planning out a lesson within that space that utilizes the materials available. By the end of this workshop, participants will understand that a maker space can be a reality for all classrooms and out of school programs.
Workshops must be scheduled at least 2 months prior to the presentation date. Please use the Program Request Form to begin the scheduling process. Please note that workshops are held on one date only and hours may not be split across multiple dates.
Camp EDMO™ will send an invoice for the workshop one week prior to the program date. Invoice must be paid within 30 days of receipt.
If you need to change the date of your scheduled workshop, please do so at least 2-weeks prior to the original date. To request a date change, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to cancel your scheduled workshop:
- Within 2 weeks of scheduled date: 75% of the total program will be charged
- 2+ weeks prior to scheduled date: 25% of the total program will be charged
- Within 1 week of scheduling: you will receive a full refund
- Camp EDMO™ will provide any materials needed for the workshop. Should you need promotional materials to share with your team, this will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
- To get the most out of this workshop, we request that you unplug (from phone and computer) during the workshop
- Please advise your team to:
- Wear comfortable shoes on the day of the workshop as there will be some physical activity
- Leave job titles “at the door”, we are all here to learn and be together
How our Professional Development Process Works:
- Once you book a workshop, we will reach out and schedule a 30 minute phone call/meeting to help us better understand the needs of your school or organization.
- After learning about your needs, our development team will tailor the desired program to best meet all of your objectives.
- We will then schedule a 30 minute follow-up phone call/meeting to finalize all program details and go over the workshop agenda.
On the day of the workshop, our staff will arrive 45-minutes prior to set up and make sure the program runs smoothly.