The Corina LIT Scholarship Program
The Corina Leader-In-Training (LIT) Scholarship Program was created to honor the legacy of Corina Stafford, a Camp EDMO® LIT who exemplified curiosity, courage and most of all, kindness.
This scholarship program provides five, 2-week scholarships to youth entering 9th-12th grade in Fall of 2020 who meet the requirements of a Camp EDMO® Leader-in-Training, but need financial assistance to participate.
Our Camp EDMO® Leader-in-Training program is for those looking to build youth leadership and facilitation skills. Participating LIT’s learn about job skills, youth development methodology, leadership styles, team bonding methods and develop a deepened sense of responsibility for their role in camp and their community.
To qualify for our LIT Scholarship Program, candidates must:
- Have a combined annual gross household income of $150K or less in the SF Bay Area or $100K or less in the Sacramento Area (income verification may be requested).
- Read the “Program Rules & Policies” carefully before applying.
- Complete the program application.
- Not have already registered to be a Leader-in-Training for Camp EDMO® for Summer 2020.
- Submission of the LIT Scholarship application does not constitute acceptance into the program. If approved, applicants will receive an email with enrollment instructions.
- Scholarships are for a maximum of 2 weeks per Leader-in-Training
- All Scholarship Program weeks are available on a first come/first serve basis.
- Note: Lunch is not included in this program
There are two ways to apply:
- Apply online using the button below (Note: You must fill out a separate application for each child.)
English Application Spanish Application
- Download an EDMO Paper Application and mail it to our home office at Edventure More, 2300 Merced Street, San Leandro, CA, 94577.
Scholarship recipients will be notified beginning April 1st. Applications received after that date will be responded to within 10-14 business days after submission.
Please Note: Enrollment fees are also waived if you are working at one of our Bay Area equity sites. Learn more about our Equity LIT Program now.
Corina Stafford's Legacy
Beyond being an extraordinary LIT at our Burlingame camp, Corina Stafford was the Class President of her school, an advocate for social justice, a singer, actress and dancer, and a daughter, sister, and granddaughter. She passed away unexpectedly on January 8, 2018 at just 14 years of age. As those who knew her remember, “Corina channeled her boundless energy into being a force for positive change…She was a force of nature, charged with a rare intensity, charisma and drive. And while she was the keeper of many exceptional qualities, the single most important to her was kindness. She braided it into everything that she did, and it is part of the legacy she leaves behind.”
In every struggle lies a learning experience.
The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more in there is to celebrate.
I have the power to create change.
You have been assigned to this mountain to show others it can be moved.
I greet the day with confidence and love.
My inner light cannot be extinguished. ”