EDMO™ for EVERYONE
We stand by our belief that ALL children and schools should have access to quality Summer Camp and School Year enrichment programs. We help make this happen by allocating 5% of camp proceeds and 100% of donations to fund School Year Programs, as well as our Sliding Scale (Financial Aid) Program that provides assistance to those who may not otherwise be able to afford our camps. In 2018 we provided 864 subsidized weeks to families across all Bay Area and Sacramento Area locations through our Sliding Scale Program.
Come back in January to apply for Summer 2020. Applications will be available in English and Spanish.
What you need to know about our Sliding Scale Program:
- Do I qualify for the sliding scale program?
- What are the program rules & policies?
- When will I know if I'm approved for the program?
To qualify for our Sliding Scale Pricing Program, families must:
- Not have already registered for Camp EDMO™ for Summer 2019.
- Have a combined annual gross household income of $150K or less in the SF Bay Area or $100K or less in the Sacramento Area (income verification may be requested).
- Be able to pay between $100-$450/week, pending application approval.*
- Be flexible with camp location and dates.
- Read the “Program Rules & Policies” tab carefully before applying.
- Complete the program application.
- Pay a $20 application fee. If accepted into the program, the $20 will be applied as a credit to your summer camp balance. If for any reason we are unable to offer you camp, you may request an application fee refund.
*Weekly rates will be determined on a case-by-case basis from information you provide to us in your Sliding Scale (Financial Aid) Application.
- Submission of the Sliding Scale application does not constitute acceptance into the program. If approved, applicants will receive an email with their dates, location(s), and rate(s), as well as enrollment instructions.
Please Note: It is important that your application stipulate any preferences for locations/dates as we are unable to make changes to what is provided in your acceptance email.
- There is a maximum of 4 weeks per camper at Sliding Scale rates.
- Some extended day care options will be offered at a reduced rate; specific reductions depend on the individual’s application and will be detailed in your approval email.
- Lunch is not included in Sliding Scale reduced weekly rates.
- All Sliding Scale Program camp weeks are available on a first come/first serve basis.
- Sliding Scale rates may not be combined with any other discounts, including but not limited to: First Time Family, Loyalty, Multi-week, Referral, or Sibling Discounts.
- To redeem discounted weeks, approved applicants must follow the instructions in the award email or call our office at 415.282.6673 or 877.993.6673 between the hours of 9am-5pm within 5 business days of receiving their approval email. After 5 business days we may release the dates to other applicants, and rates may expire.
- Payments can be made by Visa or MasterCard and must be made at the time of redemption. Up until April 1st, a 3-month payment plan is available and up until May 1st, a 2-month payment plan is available (balance automatically charged every 30 days after purchase). After May 1st, full payment must be made at time of enrollment.
- Should your circumstances change and your child is unable to come to camp, we are unhappy you won’t be joining us but happy to issue a refund. A 100% refund is available until April 30th ($25 processing fee per cancelled week still applies). After April 30th, we will save what was paid as a credit in your account for next year.
If you have been approved, you will receive a confirmation email containing the following information:
- Your reduced Sliding Scale Weekly rate
- Camp Location(s) where you may reserve at your reduced rate. (Please note that we are unable to make changes to the weeks offered)
- Weeks you may select from at your reduced rate
- Instructions on how to register