Camp EDMO™ is American Camp Association Accredited!
At Camp EDMO™, the quality of our programs and safety of our campers and staff is our number one priority. Being an American Camp Association (ACA) accredited camp is not only a sign that we’ve set up our programs to achieve this end, but a solid stamp of approval from the industry.
The American Camp Association’s rigorous accreditation process and comprehensive peer review ensures the camps they accredit practice the most up-to-date, research-based standards in camp operation and provide an environment committed to safety.
Among the ACA’s 290 unique standards are requirements for health, cleanliness, food service, programming, staff, emergency protocol, health care, and management. A process of 12 or more site visits, staff interviews and program documentation all provide the data needed for this comprehensive assessment and resulting testament to EDMO™’s quality.
- What is the Benefit of Accreditation?
- Who is the American Camp Association?
As an accredited camp, not only are we able to proudly display the ACA logo on our website, but can we also proudly tell our families that we provide:
- Staff-to-camper ratios that are appropriate for different age groups
- Counselors and Instructors with the proper educational background and that have been appropriately trained to lead our enrichment programs
- Goals for camp activities that are developmentally based
- First-aid facilities and trained staff, layers of security for medications and emergency transportation when needed
- Access to a medical advisory board which includes a licensed nurse and paramedic
- Increased online and in person safety training for staff
- On site Emergency Binders to provide team members with immediate access to critical information,
- And more…
The American Camp Association is a community of camp professionals who, for over 100 years, have joined together to share their knowledge and experience, and ensure the quality of camp programs. Their mission is enriching the lives of children, youth and adults through the camp experience
To create their standards, the American Camp Association collaborates with experts from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Red Cross, and other youth-serving agencies to assure that current practices at camps reflect the most up-to-date, research-based standards in camp operation.
The ACA has over 12,000 members and as a leading authority in child development, offers programs designed to inform and educate those in the camp industry.